Sunday, June 12, 2011

Finding a Life Inspired

I saw the movie Julie and Julia, and thought that was pretty neat. I should do a blog, but what to write about? I have a lot of baking cookbooks and I could bake my way through them and write about it like the movie. I shelved that idea. I love baking, but didn't need all those cupcakes around the house. I thought about writing about my bariatric and knee replacement surgery I had last year, but decided against that.  I don't mind sharing my thoughts and feelings about the journey I'm on and it will probably come up, but I didn't want it to be the focal point. My life has centered around my obesity for so long, that something needs to change. So what changed that led me to do a blog. Well I saw this video....

On Facebook I subscribe to some of the Christian pages and one had a video of a man who lost 120 pounds. Being overweight, and always trying to find motivation I decided to watch it. It was a slide show, and in the first minute or so came the words "I was inspired." The rest of the movie was good, but what stuck with me were those words "I was inspired."

I began to think, "How do we become inspired?" What is inspiration and how do we apply it to our life. We hear comments, "Oh that inspired me so much..." Okay but did it inspire you enough to do something? That's what this is about. Being inspired enough to do something about anything. Will that video inspire me enough to motivate me? I'm afraid of everything for reasons I may go into later, but now I need to be inspired enough to go forward and to stop being a duck...calmly sitting on the water while my feet frantically keep me afloat.

We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. I mentioned Stephen's blog over the weekend - I LOVE his enthusiasm for life!

    http://www.whoatemyblog.com/

    -J

    ReplyDelete