Monday, June 27, 2011

Finally....

Finally something inspiring. I watched the last 30 minutes of a show call Extreme Makeover: Weight Edition or something like that. This show takes a person on a year long journey to lost weight. The people are morbidly obese. I've seen it before and liked it but wasn't interested enough to find and record it. I may just change my mind. I don't know. I know I said that I wouldn't make this about my weight, so don't get me wrong about this post. I think it's absolutely brilliant she lost 202 pounds. I think it was a wonderful tribute to her mother who lost her life from complications to diabetes. What inspired me is what she said at the end, and I think more people than you know think this way.

She said and I paraphrase:

She used to be "destination happy." Meaning that we think we're going to be happy when we reach the end of the journey (with our weight), but she wanted to be "journey happy," because we should be happy along the way. She's absolutely right. We think we're going to be happy when we "reach our goal weight," "get that promotion," "win the lottery," you get the picture. We may not. We just need to put one step in front of the other and continue on. If we take our lives one step at a time, letting God lead our way, reach for Him when the potholes loom, we  will be journey happy and lead a life inspired. Now to practice what I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment